Friday, April 2, 2021

Course conditions (4.2.21)

 

The golf courses will continue to remain closed as we still have snow cover from yesterday's snow showers.  However, we fully anticipate both golf courses opening tomorrow after a brief delay as the low temperature will be 28 degrees.

James Dobbins

Thursday, April 1, 2021

Course conditions (4.1.21)



Good morning,

As anticipated, we have received 2" of snow overnight with more throughout the day.  The golf courses will remain closed through Friday and reopen on Saturday morning.  However, we do anticipate a frost delay Saturday morning.  Once we get past the frost delay it appears we will have a great Easter weekend for golf.

Thanks,

James Dobbins














'

Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Course conditions (3.31.21)

 


Good morning,

We will remain with carts off paths on both courses today.  We have received a trace amount of precipitation overnight into this morning.  We do have more rain expected this morning.  As is always the case, if the cart path rule needs altered,  we will communicate with the pro shop and updates on the blog. 

The range will remain closed. However, the practice greens at the clubhouse and cart barn remain open.

The weather for today calls for rain this morning with clearing later in the day with highs in the low 50's dropping throughout the day into the upper 20's overnight with snow showers.  

The upcoming Easter weekend weather looks like this:

Thursday - High temperature 30/low 25 cloudy with winds 15-25mph with occasional higher gusts of 40+
Friday - High temperature 38/low 29 mostly sunny winds 10-20mph

(With the above temperatures forecasted the courses will be closed to play.  There will be a delay in play on Saturday morning.)

Saturday - High temperature 55/low 42 mostly cloudy skies winds 10-20mph
Sunday - High temperature 55/low 38 mostly sunny skies winds 5-10mph

Just a reminder that the Weiskopf course will be closed Monday April 5-Friday April 9 (reopening on Saturday April 10) for our spring aerification.

Once we get past the frost on Saturday morning, we should have a great weekend for golf.

Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Course Conditions (3.30.2021)

There will not be a delay in play this morning as temperatures over night stayed in the 40s.  We have dried down enough to allow carts off of paths, however we do ask that golfers stay on paths on ALL par 3s and #6 on the Weiskopf Course.  As a reminder; please do not drive next to tee boxes or greens.

The range will remain closed.

Today's forecast calls for sunny to partly cloudy skies, temperatures in the upper 60s, and winds out of the south at 15-25 mph, gusts could reach over 40 mph.  Later today there is an increased possibility of precipitation.

Monday, March 29, 2021

Course Conditions (3.29.2021) FROST UPDATE

9:20a
We will allow play to begin at 11am on the Weiskopf Course.  We will be forced to restrict carts to path only due to the .3" of precipitation that we received yesterday. 

The driving range will remain closed today.

Today's forecast calls for partly cloudy skies, temps in the high 40s/low 50s, winds out of the west at 5-10 mph.


JA

6:30a

We are currently experiencing a frost delay; we will update pro shop staff and the GCM Blog with updates to start times.



JA

Sunday, March 28, 2021

Course conditions (3.28.21)

  UPDATE (825am) We will be forced to resrict carts to paths for the remainder of the day. We received .1” of rain in the last hour Good morning,
We received a trace amount of precipitation overnight.  We will remain with carts off paths to start the day on Weiskopf.  With no carts on #6 and all par 3's.  The Devlin course will be open to walking.
The range remains closed, while the practice greens are available at the cart barn and the clubhouse.
The weather calls for spotty rain showers throughout the morning with high temperatures in the low 50's.  The temperatures will be dropping throughout the day with high winds moving in this afternoon.  Those winds could reach 25-35mph. 

Saturday, March 27, 2021

Course conditions (3.27.21)

UPDATE (825am) We will be forced to resrict carts to paths for the remainder of the day. We received .1” of rain in the last hour.  Good morning, We will have no delay in play this morning.  We did receive .1" of rain yesterday morning.  The Weiskopf course will be carts off paths crossing at 90 degrees.  Please use caution as there are wet spots throughout the course.  The Devlin course will be open for walking to the regulation greens.
The range will remain closed.  However, the practice greens remain open at the clubhouse and the cart barn.
The weather calls for highs in the mid 60's with partly cloudy skies and calm winds.  There will be rain moving in overnight into tomorrow with winds picking back up to 20-30mph though the day on Sunday.
James Dobbins