Saturday, November 7, 2020

Course conditions (11.07.2020)

We will remain with carts off paths with the exceptions of #4 and #6 Weiskopf. Please keep traffic in the fairways as much as possible. The weather calls for highs in the mid 60's with sunshine and south winds. James Dobbins

Friday, November 6, 2020

Course conditions (11.06.2020)

We will continue to allow carts off paths with the usual exceptions of #4 and #6 Weiskopf. Please keep traffic in the fairways as much as possible. The weather for the day calls for temperatures in the mid 60's degrees with a south wind and sunshine. James Dobbins 

Thursday, November 5, 2020

Course Conditions (11.5.2020)

We will be preparing the Weiskopf Course for member play this morning and will allow carts off of paths.  There will be the following exceptions:  we ask that all carts drive on fairways and avoid the rough and there is no cart traffic on #s 4 & 6.  We have included #4 on this list due to the flooding that occurred on this fairway two weeks ago.

Practice areas and ranges are open.  We have put additional topdressing down on the chipping green and have added sand to the practice bunker for those who use that area.

Today's forecast calls for partly cloudy skies becoming overcast throughout the day, temperatures in the mid 60s, winds out of the southwest at 10-15 mph.

Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Course Conditions (11.4.2020)

We will be preparing the Devlin Course this morning for member play and we will begin the day as cart path only.  We are going to begin the day as cart path only due to the amount of leaves that we are planning on chopping this morning; we will continue to evaluate course conditions and make changes when possible.

The ranges and practice areas are open and we ask that golfers practice social distancing.

Today's forecast calls for sunny skies, high temperatures in the 60s, winds out of the southwest at 10-15 mph.

*Tee markers have been removed from the Devlin Course as we make our way through chopping fallen leaves.

*We will begin to get back to mowing short grass tomorrow after the long wet and cold period that we experienced.

*We experienced goose damage on #10 on the Devlin Course and will be working to plug out those areas throughout the day today.

JA

Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Course Conditions(11.3.2020)

For the first time in over 2 weeks we have gone over 24 hours without measurable precipitation.  Today we will begin a stretch of what should be warm and dry weather, with that being said; we will start the day with carts on paths only and continue monitor conditions and make changes if/when applicable.  There are still slick areas throughout the property and ask that golfers use caution.  We will be preparing the Weiskopf Course for member play, our goal is to remove leaves from greens and tees today and than get on fairways beginning tomorrow.

Practice areas are open and we ask that members exercise social distancing.

Today's forecast calls for mostly sunny skies, temperatures in the upper 40/low 50s, winds out of the southwest at 5-10 mph.

As a reminder:
*Our portable bathrooms are off of the courses and will not return for the remainder of the season.  The halfway house and the pool house will remain open.

*We will be removing tee markers on both courses beginning this week to aid in our cleaning off of playing surfaces.

*It is our plan to have mowers back out on the courses once we dry down.

Thank you,
JA


Monday, November 2, 2020

Course Conditions (11.2.2020) UPDATE

1pm:  Walking is permitted on the Devlin Course, all practice areas will remain closed throughout the day.  Tomorrow we will be preparing the Weiskopf Course for member play.  As a reminder; we will be without portable bathrooms for the remainder of the season.  The bathrooms at the Weiskopf House and the pool will remain open until we experience long term cold temperatures.


8am:  We have one tree that was brought down due the winds over the past 24 hours, it is out of play and has little impact on the courses.


We will allow walking on the Devlin Course this afternoon, once temperatures approach 40 degrees, roughly 1pm-2pm.  The current temperature is 34 degrees and we are still experiencing strong winds with an advisory in effect from 4pm this afternoon until 1am tomorrow morning.  We will be making our way through both courses this morning to take stock of any tree damage that occurred over the past 24 hours.  We will continue to update the blog with pertinent information on start times and weather updates.


Today's forecast calls for cloudy skies with snow flurries, high temperatures in the low 40s, with winds out of the west at 15-25 mph, occasional gusts of over 40 mph.

Sunday, November 1, 2020

Course Conditions (11.1.2020) UPDATE

With the current weather we will be forced to move all cart traffic to paths only, no exceptions.



We will begin the day allowing carts off of paths and will make necessary adjustments if/when applicable.  There are still soft areas throughout the property and ask that ALL TRAFFIC STAY IN FAIRWAYS.

Practice ranges and greens are open and we continue to ask golfers to exercise social distancing.

Today’s forecast is a strange one:  occasional rain and wind leading into snow showers in the afternoon.  Temps will drop from the 50s we are experiencing now into the 30s.  Winds are out of the west at 20-30 mph with gusts over 40 mph.  We may have snow accumulation between 1”-3”.


JA